Personal Inquiry BLOG

Friday, September 24, 2004

Wrapping

As I created my final product using a Windows based scrapbooking software (Scrapbooks Plus), I thought of all the ways this product could be used. Wouldn't it be great to compile students work in it? Students could learn to take digital photos of what they were doing in gym, science and language arts. Students could scan their math, art and social studies projects and put them into this software. Students could be required to follow grammar and punctuation rules on the pages. Students could display their own poetry on the pages and then they could e-mail them to their relatives. (See my link below to the several subject area standards that would be covered using this program- http://portfolio.iu.edu/jjgraham/standards.doc for math and language arts and http://portfolio.iu.edu/jjgraham/Science_Standards.doc for social studies and science).

My product was for me though. I wanted to learn how to create digital scrapbook pages as a way to show-off what my kids are doing to family and friends. I want to document my childrens' lives for them and their future families to enjoy. I want to effectively convey my love for my kids through the scrapbooks I create. I have included a couple of learned techniques in the pages. I used all three of the poems, quotes and quips websites that I learned about through this process in my completed pages. I used sample templates for 4 of the pages and unique creations by me for four of the pages. Working through the templates helped me become acclimated with the program so I could learn how-to do the from scratch pages. The program did have a tutorial but I preferred trying things out on my own and I think I did okay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home