Personal Inquiry BLOG

Friday, September 24, 2004

Wishing

Looking back on this project, I learned about lots of materials and techniques. But after spending hours and hours searching I realized that there is only so much you can learn at a time. So after I found several tools and techniques that I liked, I knew I had to stop. I also know that when I have exhausted these new techniques that I will again have to look up more. I know I will always want my scrapbook pages to evolve and revisiting techniques and being aware that new ones are created everyday is important. Also as my kids get older the types of pages I want to create will change.

I really wish normal printers would print 12x12 pages. I like the look of the pages I created digitally and would like to print them out and put them into my scrapbook albums. I am sure that I could take the pictures to some copying place to get copies of them, but that would be expensive.

I compiled a list of the strengths of this project. They are:
1. It was the most organized project I have ever completed.
2. I was never really frustrated.
3. I gathered lots of information.
4. I always knew where I was going next.

I compiled a list of the weaknesses of this project. They are:
1. I could not learn everything about scrapbooking.
2. The search process was more time-consuming than I hoped.
3. Being confined (bed rest) did not allow me to search Michaels or the library.

If I were able to do anything differently, I would have been able to explore scrapbooking tools and techniques through a class offered at Michaels and/or the local scrapbooking store. But since I am a life-long learner, I know that classes are always still a possibility.

After completing this project, I know my scope for every new project I complete has changed forever. I WILL create research questions before delving into books, journals, and websites as I did on every project before this one. Creating the questions first helped me get past irrelevant information and get to what I wanted more. This process allowed me to gather a lot more information more efficiently. I got my answers faster this way. It was still a lot of work and I realize now that researching for students will take much more time than more teachers allocate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home