Personal Inquiry BLOG

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

More Watching

Reading and Viewing

I regularly read Parenting, Reader’s Digest and Prevention magazines. Every issue gives me issues to ponder and things to consider.
This month I read about potty training and know I need to learn more about it so it will be a nice transition for my children. Potty training videos and books for the kids and advice books are available to examine.
Herbal supplements and their benefits were also addressed. I am interested in seeing if there are supplements that are safe for joint as well as female health.
I read articles about the presidential candidates and some of their campaign issues and think I need to learn more about Kerry’s health care policy. If it is as good as it sounds I might vote for the first time!

I watch lots of informational type programming. Some may not be considered that educational (talk shows). I watch CNN, Dateline etc. while I am working on the computer. I have this need to do two-three things at once. I was really taken aback by the Aron Ralston story (guy cut off part of his arm when stuck under a boulder). He wrote a book about his experiences. (Thinking about buying it). It should be a spiritually enriching experience.

Collaboration

My mom and I spend a lot of time philosophizing about life in the United States- from raising kids, schooling, marriage and health. These are the things in life that consume my time and I want them all to be successful; therefore examining new research in these areas is always on my list.

My mother-in-law just got married again and is moving from Michigan to Phoenix. I asked her what types of things we could go see in or around Phoenix. She said there were ghost towns, the Grand Canyon etc worth seeing. I would like to research what might be good things to see when we visit sometime next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home